AFCAT 2 2018
The Indian Air Force conducts Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) by inviting applications from eligible candidates from both and male and female candidates. The online application process will remain largely open for public from 27th June to 23rd July 2018. On the other hand, Applications are invited from Indian citizen as per Citizenship Act 1955 for the said courses that is commencing in July 2018 for grant of Short Service Commission in Flying Branch plus Permanent/Short Service Commission in Technical and Ground Duty Branches
Eligibility for AFCAT 2 2018
• The candidates should be holding Graduation with minimum of 3 years duration in any discipline with min 60% marks. He/she should have passed Maths and Physics as subject at 10+2 level OR B.E/ B.Tech from a recognized University with min 60% marks.
• The candidates should have minimum height of 162.5 cms with correlated weight
• The candidates should have minimum vision of 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other
• The candidates should be holding B.E/ B.Tech in relevant branch of Engineering with min 60% marks
• The candidates should have minimum height of 157.5 cms with correlated weight, On the other hand, women should have minimum height of 152 cms.
Ground Duty Branch
• The candidates should be holding Graduate degree with minimum of 3 years duration in any discipline with min 60% marks or Post graduate degree with min 50% marks for Administration and Logistics posts.
• The candidates should be holding B.Com with min 60% marks or Post graduate degree in Commerce with min 50% marks for Accounts posts
• The candidates should be holding Post graduate degree in any discipline with min 50% marks for Education posts
• The candidate should have minimum height of 157.5 cms with correlated weight, On the other hand, women should have minimum height of 152 cms.
• It is to be highly noted that final year students can also apply for AFCAT 2018 exam given that they have successfully secured 60% marks in aggregate with no present backlog. He or she must be able to provide provisional or original degree certificate latest by 15th June 2018 to the concerned authority.
Selection process of AFCAT 2018: The selection process comes with written test and those who are passing it are eligible for Interview and medical test.
Age Limit in AFCAT 2018
• Flying Branch
The candidate’s age should be between 20 to 24 years as on 1st July 2018, born between 2nd July 1992 and 1st July 1996 as both dates inclusive. The Upper age limit for candidates who are holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence that are issued by DGCA (Indian) is relax able up to 26 years, born between 2nd July 1990 and 1st July 1996 as both dates inclusive.
• Technical Branch
The candidate’s age should be between 20 to 26 years as on 1st July 2018, born between 2nd July 1990 and 1st July 1996, as both dates inclusive.
• Ground Duty Branch
The candidate’s age should be between 20 to 26 years as on 01st July 2018, born between 2nd July 1990 and 1st July 1996 as both dates inclusive.
Registration Fees for AFCAT 2018: Applicants of AFCAT are required not to pay any registration fee for this test.
How to apply for AFCAT 2018
The interested and eligible candidates may apply online through the official website careerairforce.nic.in or by following the steps given below:
1. The candidates are advised to Click on ‘New Registration’ link below
2. Fill in all the requested details and information in the Registration form and Submit
3. A User ID and password will be immediately sent to your email.
4. Use the given User ID and password in order to login by using the ‘Login for Online Application’ link below
5. Fill in your application form without any mistake.
6. Upload recent color passport size photograph, signature and thumb impression
7. Complete the application plus Take a print out
8. Candidates will receive Registration ID in their email, on successful completion of application.
Syllabus for AFCAT 2 2018
The AFCAT 2018 is a written test that covers subject matter such as Verbal Ability, Military Aptitude, Numerical Ability, Reasoning and General Awareness. All the questions are asked in the Multiple Choice form. The total number of questions asked is 100, each question is worth for 3 marks so the total marks allotted is 300. One mark for every wrong answer is deducted for Negative marking.
Important Dates in AFCAT 2 2018
Following are the important dates in AFCAT 2 2018.
• The notification of AFCAT 2018 was issued on June 2018.
• The starting date for online application is June 2018.
• The last date for filled in application is July 2018.
• The AFCAT 2018 written exam will be conducted on September 2018.
Note: The exact or change of dates will be updated soon on the official page. The candidates are advised to visit the official website for further details and information regarding this entrance examination.
Indian Air Force Official website: careerairforce.nic.in