AFMC MBBS 2018 Admission
Armed Forces Medical College Entrance Examination is commonly known as the AFMC MBBS Entrance Exam. It is a national medical entrance exam which is conducted throughout the country in the third week of the month of April. The exam is conducted by the Armed Forces Medical College, Pune. The total number of seats allotted by this entrance exam is 130, 105 seats for boys and 25 seats for girls. This exam helps the students to get the admission in a 4 year MBBS course along with a one and half years of compulsory internship. The Armed Forces Medical College Entrance Exam 2018 is going to be held in the third week of April 2018.
Eligibility for AFMC MBBS 2018
For appearing in the AFMC exam candidates are required to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
• Should be a citizen of India.
• Candidates applying for entrance test should have pass 10+2 or equivalent examination from any recognized board of Education.
• Candidates need to score at least an aggregate of 50% marks in the subjects of Chemistry, Physics, Biology and English.
• Candidates who are going to appear for +2 examinations 2018 from the science Stream are also eligible to apply for this entrance test.
• Candidate must have passed in Mathematics in their 10th Standard.
• Candidate must be medically fit as per the standards of the Government of India, Ministry Of Defence.
• Candidate must be unmarried and are evenly not permitted to marry during his MBBS course.
Age Limit for AFMC MBBS 2018
The age limit for the appearing in the AFMC exam 2018 is divided into two categories based on their academic qualifications:
• For 10+2 or equivalent- For the candidates who have passed their +2 or who are going to appear for their +2 exam should have the least age of 17 years on December 31 2018.But the age of the applicant should not exceed 22 years of age.
• For B.Sc passed or B.Sc Final year students- For the candidates who have passed their B.Sc or who are going to appear for their B.Sc Final year Examination, their maximum age should not exceed the age of 24 years.
Registration Fees for AFMC MBBS 2018
For appearing in the AFMC MBBS Exam 2018 candidates are required to register themselves on the website www.afmc.nic.in with a valid email ID. After the Then they will have to make a payment of Rs. 280 in any of the SBI bank across the country through the challan. After the confirmation of the payment only the students will be able to fill the examination form.
Process of Applying for AFMC MBBS 2018
• The aspiring candidate will at first have to create an account on the www.afmc.nic.in website with a valid email ID. Having a registered id is mandatory.
• The applicant will have to fill up the necessary details and get themselves registered.
• An email with temporary password will then be send to the registered email ID of the applicant.
• After the successful registration on the website the applicant will have to apply for the “AFMC MBBS Entrance Exam” for the year 2018 and fill up the application form.
• Candidates will also have to take the print out of the SBI Challan form. This challan will be with unique registration number. The applicant will then have to make up the payment of Rs. 280/- in any of the SBI Bank across the country.
• The candidate will then have to the make the final submission of the form with digital photo and scanned signature. All the photograph and scanned signature should be in passport size and in jpeg. format.
• After the confirmation about the payment from the bank an email regarding the confirmation of the submission will be send to the candidate on his ID.
Syllabus in AFMC MBBS 2018
The prescribed syllabus for the candidates applying for the MBBS entrance exam are as same as the syllabus of +2 level of the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology. There will be 45 questions each for Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. The correct answer will carry 4 marks while for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted. The total duration for the examination is 3 hours.
Important Dates in AFMC MBBS 2018
Following are the important dates for the AFMC entrance exam 2018:
• Starting Registration and Application process is 3rd week of April 2018.
• Last date for Registration is 2nd week of May 2018.
• Last day for the submission of the application form is 3rd week May 2018.
• Last date of acceptance of Challan form in SBI Bank is 3rd week May 2018.
• Date of Entrance Exam is May 2018.
The exact date of the exam is not yet officially revealed from the Armed Forces Medical College.