Assam PAT 2018
Directorate of Technical Education, Guwahati in Assam state has taken the initiative to conduct examination of Assam Polytechnic Admission Test every year. This admission test aims to provide students of Assam state education in Diploma courses who are interested in pursuing Diploma Level Engineering Courses. Students will be selected based on the scores of this examination and offered admissions in the Polytechnic colleges located across Assam. The various Polytechnic colleges that participate in and offer admissions through APAT from the Assam state are:
Assam Engineering Institute in Chandmari of Guwahati city
Assam Textile Institute in Ambari of Guwahati city
Girl’s Polytechnic in Bamunimaidan of Guwahati city
Silchar Polytechnic in Meherpur of Silchar city
H.R.H The Prince of Wales Institute in Jorhat city
Dibrugarh Polytechnic in Lahowal of Dibrugarh city
Nowgong Polytechnic in Nagaon city
Bongaigaon Polytechnic in Bongaigaon district
Residential Girl’s Polytechnic in Golaghat district
Diphu Polytechnic in Diphu district
Eligibility for Assam Polytechnic Admission Test 2018
To get eligible and write the examination of Assam PAT 2018, inorder to pursue Diploma Level Engineering courses in Assam candidates are required to meet the following criteria:
• Candidates applying for Diploma Engineering courses in various disciplines they are required to pass 10th or HSLC or equivalent examination from a recognized educational boards of examination from the state of Assam.
• Applicants of this examination who belong to General or OBC categories need to score atleast 40% marks in their HSLC.
• Candidates who wish to get admission into Diploma courses belonging from SC category are required to score minimum of 35%, while those from ST category should have minimum marks of 33% in their 10th standard.
• Candidates are required to pursue Mathematics and Science in their HSLC.
• It is essential that all the applicants need to be permanent residents of Assam.
Age Limit for Assam Polytechnic Admission Test 2018
Candidates applying for Assam PAT need to be not less than 15 years of age, but should not exceed above 20 years of age. There is an age relaxation of 3 years in the case if candidate belongs to SC/ST categories.
Registration Fees for Assam Polytechnic Admission Test 2018
Candidates applying for the examination of the Assam PAT need to make a payment of 350/- towards application fee from the offices of Principals of the above mentioned Polytechnic colleges. The fee as to be paid in the form of Bank Challan only.
How to Apply for Assam Polytechnic Admission Test 2018
It is essential to follow below steps while applying for Assam PAT 2018:
• Application forms of Assam of Assam Polytechnic Admission Test are available at the office of the Principals of above Polytechnic Colleges only on the payment of required application fees.
• Fee for the application form of this admission test has to be paid using bank challan from specified banks only.
• Fill the application form without, any mistakes only with the ball point pen.
• Then it is required to paste a recent passport size color photo in the place provided in the application form.
• Now sign near photograph or as it is specified in the application form.
• Filled in application forms should be submitted at the office of Principal of the Polytechnic college from where the candidate would like to appear for the test.
Syllabus for Assam Polytechnic Admission Test 2018
The syllabus in Assam PAT will be covered from the topics of Mathematics and Science subjects of 10th standard. Time duration for the exam will be 3 hours and the questions will be of multiple choice. This question paper will consists of two sections and each section carries 50 marks.
Important Dates in Assam Polytechnic Admission Test 2018
Following are important dates in Assam PAT 2018:
• Application forms will be available in the month of March 2018.
• The last date for receipt of application forms is in the 1st week of April 2018.
• Exam will be conducted in the last week of April 2018.
Exact dates for all the above events will be updated soon. If you would like to know more information regarding this examination, then it is suggested to visit the official website dteassam.in