Common Admission Test which is conducted every year by the IIIMs of India ton invite applications from eligible candidates to pursue Post-graduate and Fellow Programs in Management Courses. Qualified students will be offered admissions in various management institutes across India including the top IIMs. Candidates who have valid score in this examination can apply for admissions in various B-Schools that are located across India.
Eligibility for CAT 2017
Candidates applying for CAT 2017 will be eligible only if they fulfill the following criteria:
• If the candidates applying for CAT 2017 and belonging to General category are required to pass bachelor’s degree from any stream with aggregate mark of 50%.
• Applicants of CAT 2017 from SC or ST or Physically Challenged need to complete graduation in any discipline with atleast 45% of aggregate marks.
• Candidates in the final year of graduation or those awaiting their final year results can also apply for CAT.
Age Limit for CAT 2017
Candidates are required to be atleast 21 years or above to apply for this examination.
Registration Fees for CAT 2017
Applicants have to pay an registration fees of 1,600/- if they are from General and OBC candidates while 800/- incase of SC or ST or PWD (DA), but payment has to be made in online mode only at the time of registration.
Process of Applying for CAT 2017
Applicants are required to follow below process in CAT 2017:
• Candidates will be required to apply in online mode only by visiting official website that is www.iimcat.ac.in
• After visiting the official page now candidates have to register for applying for this entrance examination.
• As and when the candidates will receive the login credentials they are required to apply for the examination.
• Now fill the application form and upload the photograph along with signature in the specified links.
• Then verify all the details once and submit the form.
Syllabus for CAT 2017
CAT entrance examination comprises of two sections as one section of Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation while the other is Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning. Each section consists of 50 multiple choice questions. The time duration of the test is 170 minutes. Each wrong answer carries negative marking.
Important Dates in CAT 2017
Below mentioned are the important dates in CAT 2017:
• CAT notification is released in last week of July, 2017.
• CAT Sale of Vouchers & Registration starts from 1st week of August, 2017.
• CAT Test Dates is in the 2nd and 4th week of November, 2017.
• Results are announced in 3rd week of December, 2017.
Exact dates will be updated soon.