CDAC CAT 2017
CDAC CAT is a Common admission test which invites candidates to apply for various post graduate diploma courses that are two high year end courses in Information and Communication Technology and allied disciplines. CDAC is a well known premier research establishment that is affiliated with the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology of the Government of India. It offers PG diploma courses at 31 centers located in 19 cities of the country. Admissions to all PG Diploma courses of C-DAC, will be done through C-DACs Common Admission Test (C-CAT). Except PG-DST admission which is done through a separate examination. The post graduation courses offered are PG Diploma in Advanced Computing, PG Diploma in Wireless and Mobile Computing, PG Diploma in VLSI Design, PG Diploma In Embedded Systems and Design, PG Diploma in IT Infrastructure, System and Security, PG Diploma in Integrated VLSI and Embedded System Design, PG Diploma in System Software Development, PG Diploma in Healthcare Informatics, Post Graduate Diploma in Geo-informatics, Post Graduate Diploma in Automation SCADA Systems, Post Graduate Diploma in Software Technology and PG Diploma in System Software Development.
Eligibility for C-DAC CAT 2017
Candidates applying to CDAC CAT need to meet following criteria to eligible for this examination:
• Applicants of all courses will be eligible if they qualify in Engineering or equivalent courses such as B.E, B.Tech, 4 years B.Sc Engg., AMIE, AIETE, DoEACC B level from one of these areas Electronics/ Electrical/ Computer Science Engineering.
• Applicants who have done PG in Engineering Sciences such as MCA/ M.Sc. Engg and M.Sc. with CS, IT, EE, Electronics, Instrumentation are also eligible.
• Candidates applying for courses of PG Diploma in Healthcare Informatics, PG Diploma in Geo Informatics, PG Diploma Automation SCADA systems are required to select PG in Maths or allied areas such as Statistics, Applied Maths and also PG in Physics or Computational Sciences/ Post Graduation in Life Sciences/ Chemistry or Graduates with minimum 4 years in Medicinal, Biomedical or Pharmaceutical Sciences are also eligible.
• Candidates applying for all courses need to have 50% of aggregate marks in their graduation.
Age Limit for C-DAC CAT 2017
Candidates interested in applying for C-DAC CAT need to be above 21 years of age.
Registration Fees for C-DAC CAT 2017
Applicants of CDAC CAT 2017 have to pay registration fees of 1100/- if applying for course incase of two courses they need to pay 1200/-. Registration fees can be paid in cash at any of the C-DAC centres or C-DAC’s Affiliated Training Centres.
Process of Applying for C-DAC CAT 2017
To apply for C-DAC CAT candidates are required to follow below guidelines:
• Candidates applying for C-CAT in online first need to visit official website www.cdac.in
• Fill all the details correctly.
• Upload the color size photograph and signature.
• Verify all the details and submit the application form.
Syllabus in C-DAC CAT
CDAC CAT consists of three sections and each section will be given time duration of 1 hour. Each section will have 50 marks with each correct answer carries +3 marks while wrong answer will be given -1.
Important Dates in C-DAC CAT 2017
Following are the important dates in CAT exam:
• Submission of forms starts in the second week of February 2017.
• Last day for application forms is in the first week of March 2017.
• Hall tickets will be issued in second week of April 2017.
• Exam will be in the month of May 2017.
• Results will be announced in first week of June 2017.
The exact dates will be announced soon.