Common Entrance Examination for Design is conducted by the IIT of Bombay which aims at providing Post Graduation in the courses of Design. The qualified students of this entrance test will be offered admissions in the top IIT’s located across India. The following are the courses offered at specific IIT’s:
• IISc Bangalore offers Masters in Design for the discipline of Product Design and Engineering
• IIT Bombay offers Masters in Design for the disciplines of Industrial Design, Visual Communication, Animation, Interaction Design, Mobility and Vehicle Design.
• IIT Delhi is offering Masters in Design of discipline from Industrial Design.
• IIT Guwahati offers course of Masters in Design.
• IIT Kanpur offers the course of Masters in Design from Industrial Design stream.
Eligibility for CEED 2018
Candidates who apply for CEED will be eligible only if they are able to satisfy the following criteria:
• Applicants who have completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Architecture or Design or Interior Design or equivalent course after passing 10+2 examination from a recognized university.
• Even the candidates who passed from Professional Diploma in Design (NID/CEPT or equivalent after completing 10+2 are also eligible to apply for this examination.
• If the candidates have passed their graduation from B.F.A. which is a 4 year professional program will also be eligible to purse CEED course.
• Aspirants who wish to apply for CEED entrance exam can also pass from G.D. Art which is 5 year programme after 10th also have to complete one year post qualification professional experience.
• Candidates will also be eligible to write the CEED entrance exam if they have completed Master’s degree in Arts or Science or Computer Applications.
Age Limit for CEED 2018
The age limit that candidates have to maintain atleast is 21 years, while there is no upper age limit.
Registration Fees for CEED 2018
Candidates are required to pay an application fee of 2,000/– if they are males from General and OBC while 1,000/– for males belonging to SC/ST/PwD candidates and 1,000/– i the case of female candidates from all the categories. Application fee of CEED 2018 has to paid in online mode through one of them internet banking, credit card or debit card.
Process of Applying for CEED 2018
Candidates are required to follow below steps while applying for CEED 2018:
• Applicants who wish to apply for CEED 2018 are required to apply in online mode only.
• For that candidates have to first visit the official website of CEED that is www.gate.iitb.ac.in/ceed2015
• Now candidates are required to register in the site and login to apply when once the details are received.
• Then upload all the necessary documents that are mentioned in notification in the links provided for them.
• Select the payment mode and pay required fees.
• Verify all the details and submit the form.
Syllabus in CEED 2018
CEED entrance test will consist of two sections as section A and section B. Section A consists of Multiple Choice Questions only which is computer based test of time duration 1 hour. Section B is the written exam on the topics of design and hand drawing with a time duration of 2 hours.
Important Dates in CEED 2018
Candidates who wish to apply for CEED are required to view all the below mentioned dates:
• Online application will be accepted from August 04, 2018.
• Last day to receive the application forms is September 01, 2018.
• Hall tickets or admit cards can be downloaded from the official website in between November 7th to 6th December 2018.
• Examination will be conducted on 7th December 2018.
To get further more information visit the official website www.gate.iitb.ac.in/ceed2018.