CENTAC MCA CET 2018
CENTAC MCA CET is the entrance examination conducted every year by Centralized Admission Committee to invite applications for the course of MCA. Qualified students in this entrance test will be offered admissions in Pondicherry Engineering College and Government quota seats in the Self-Financing Colleges in the Union Territory (UT) of Puducherry. This entrance examination is undertaken by Pondicherry College of Engineering.
Eligibility for CENTAC MCA 2018
Candidates who would like to appear for the exam will be able to apply only if they fulfill following criteria:
• Candidates applying for CENTAC MCA CET need to complete and pass in 10+2+3 or graduation or equivalent examination from a recognized university of state or central with 50% of aggregate marks if belonging to general category and in the case of SC/ ST 45% of marks.
• Applicants for CENTAC MCA must be from the disciplines of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Applications / Computer Science/Information Technology or Bachelor’s degree in Commerce / Corporate Secretary-ship / Economics/ Business Administration with Mathematics / Business Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications as one of the subjects (or) Bachelor’s Degree in Science with Mathematics/Statistics as one of the subjects.
• Candidates pursuing in the final year can also apply but have to produce provisional pass certificate at the time of counselling.
• Candidates who apply for this examination must be Indian citizens only but also French students are eligible but they should reside in Puducherry UT also should be covered by the terms of the Treaty of Cession shall be treated on par with Indian Nationals for the purpose of admission.
Age Limit for CENTAC MCA CET 2018
Candidates are required to complete their graduation but no particular age limit is required for this examination.
Registration Fees for CENTAC MCA CET 2018
Candidates can choose any type of payment from the three available options which are as follows:
• To pay the fee directly in person, fee is 1030/- for general category and 530/- for SC/ST candidates.
• Payment can also done by sending a postal request to “The Convenor, CENTAC-MCA, Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry-605014”, along with two self-addressed slips and a crossed demand draft for Rs.1065/-(Rs.1000/- towards the cost of application and Rs.65/- for postage) [for SC / ST Candidates Rs.565/-. (Rs.500/- towards the cost of application and Rs.65/- for postage)], drawn in favour of The Convenor, CENTAC-PG payable at Puducherry.
• Candidates can also pay in online, 1000/- in case of General category and 500/- in the case of SC/ ST.
Process of applying for CENTAC MCA CET 2018
• Candidates interested in applying for CENTAC MCA CET 2018 have to follow below guidelines:
• Candidates can choose one option from two that is they can purchase the application form at the specified banks or branches and the second option is to send the required fee through by DD and get an application form.
• Candidates have to fill the form with the correct details.
• Fill the form with blue or black ball point pen and paste the photo of the candidate in the space provided.
• After filling the form, pay the required fee through any of the payment modes.
• Now send the filled in application form and DD to the address of Pondicherry Engineering College.
• Candidates are required to first visit the official website that is www.pdu.edu and click on the link of application form.
• Then fill the application form carefully without any mistakes.
• Then pay the fee through any one of the payment modes.
• Now login to the site with login details and enter the fee details.
• Verify and submit the application form.
• Now take the printout of filled in application form and DD for the future reference.
Syllabus in CENTAC MCA CET 2018
Questions in CENTAC MCA will be from Mathematics, Analytical Ability, Logical Reasoning, Comprehensive verbal ability and General awareness in Computer Science. Duration of exam will be 2 hours. Total number of questions will be 90.
Important Dates in CENTAC MCA CET 2018
• Following are the important dates in the CENTAC MCA 2018:
• Applications will be available in online from the 1st week of April 2018.
• Last date to receive applications is in 2nd week of May 2018.
• Examination will be conducted in the month of June 2018.
• Exact dates in this entrance examination will be updated soon.