GATE 2018 Registration
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is one of the well known entrance test for Engineering PG Courses in India. All the qualified students will be able to pursue their PG courses in prestigious IIT’s, Deemed Universities, Top Colleges across India. If the candidates have qualifying scores than candidates can take admissions in the three years from the date of examination. This examination is conducted jointly by Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) for the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), and Government of India. This entrance test is organized by IIT of Kanpur.
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2018
To get eligible in GATE candidates are required to meet the following criteria:
• Applicants for all the PG courses are required to pass graduation or BE or B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Pharm or equivalent examination from any recognized educational boards.
• Even if the applicants of GATE have pursued B.S that is Post-Diploma this is 4 years after 10+2.
• Candidates who have completed M.Sc./M.A./ MCA or equivalent can apply for this.
• Candidates are offered to pursue Integrated courses of M.E or M.Tech or 5 year Dual Degree or M.Sc or B.Sc
• Aggregate marks being 45% for B.Tech and B.Pharm while for B.Arch, B.Tech in lateral entry should have 50%.
• Candidates applying for GATE need to be Indian citizens only.
• Candidates pursuing their final year of UG as per the course they are applying are also eligible to write this entrance examination.
Age Limit in GATE 2018
Candidates who are applying for GATE courses should be more than 21 years of age but should not exceed 35 years.
Registration Fees in GATE 2016
Male applicants of GATE are required to pay a registration fee of 1500/- if belonging to General or OBC Non-Creamy Layer while those from SC / ST / PD category have to pay 750/-. But women candidates from all categories need to pay only 750/-. Payment has to be made through Online Net Banking or SBI I-Collect or Axis Bank I-Connect or e-challan.
How to Apply for GATE 2018
Candidates are required to follow below process while applying for GATE 2018:
• Candidates are required to apply through GATE Online Application Processing System by visiting official website that is gate.iisc.ernet.in
• Candidates have to click on the link stating “Application form for GATE 2018”.
• Then you will be redirected to a page where it is required to fill the form with basic details and it is mandatory to have the phone number along with email-id both should be active.
• Now a login-id and password will be sent to mobile as SMS while as an email to the mail-id mentioned.
• As next step candidates have to login to the website once again with the new login credentials.
• In this page applicants have to fill the form correctly without any mistakes.
• Upload the scanned recent color photograph with mentioned dimensions only in the link provided.
• Next it is required to upload digital scanned signature of the candidate with required size in the space provided.
• Then choose the payment options and pay the required fee.
• Verify all the details and submit the form.
Syllabus for GATE 2018
Candidates have to revise comprehension, application skills, recall as well as analytical abilities along with General Awareness in GATE 2018. Question paper will be in multiple choices and duration will be 3 hours. All questions will be in Multiple Choice and Numerical.
Important Dates in GATE 2018
Following are the important dates in GATE 2018:
• Online applications will be available from September, 2017 (Tuesday).
• Last date of submission of forms is October, 2017 (Thursday).
• Changes can be made in application form till November 2017 (Friday).
• Admit Card or Hall tickets are available to download from December 2017 (Thursday).
• Dates of this entrance test are on January & February, 2018.
• GATE 2018 Online Examination
• Forenoon: 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
• Afternoon: 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM
Note: (On Saturdays and Sundays only)
• Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website March, 2018 (Sunday).
Exact dates will be updated soon and further information regarding this entrance examination is available on the official page www.gate.iisc.ernet.in.