GATE 2019 Result
Its 12 March 5 PM IST, when the most awaited GATE result 2019 shall be announced. IIT Kanpur has recently confirmed the date for the GATE 2019 results and most of the candidates must have skipped one heartbeat. On the official website that is www.gate.iitk.ac.in, you just need to enter your GATE 2019 Enrolment ID or Registered E-mail ID and log in to the website. You may also be asked to enter Roll No and DOB (Date of Birth). Further it shall show your GATE 2019 result and score.
You shall be able to check the following details on the website:
• Name of the appearing candidate,
• Gate 2019 Registration number,
• GATE score,
• Normalised marks out of 100
• Actual score out of 100
• AIR(All India Rank ) of the Candidate
• Total number of candidates who have appeared in the particular discipline
• Qualifying marks for that particular discipline.
• You can also save GATE 2019 result on desktop and choose to get the print out for it.
Importance of GATE 2019 Result
• GATE 2019 result is plays one of most important role in getting M.Tech admissions IITs, NITs and major institutes across the country.
• Leading PSUs (Public Sector Unit) recruit candidates for jobs on the basses of
• GATE 2019 score. Some of PSUs are ONGC Ltd., Coal India Ltd., NHPC Limited, BPCL Limited, HPCL, POWERGRID, NHAI etc.
• Gate 2019 results is valid for 3 years.
Details on GATE 2019
• GATE 2019 (Gratitude Aptitude Test for Engineering) examination was held on 31st January, 1st, 7th and 8th February for different branches of engineering. The examination is jointly conducted by Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and 7 IITs that include Kanpur, Mumbai, Delhi, Guhawati, Kharagpur, Chennai and Roorkee.
• More than 11.5 lakhs candidates have appeared for GATE 2019. GATE exams was conducted in multiple sessions in 195 cities across country. Yes, this data shows that the competition was extremely tough and huge number of students have crossed their fingers for examinations results this year.
The approximate data for the total number of seats in all IITs are:-
• Civil Engineering- 495
• Chemical Engineering- 277
• Computer Science and Engineering-471
• Electrical and Electronics Engineering-724
• Mechanical Engineering-567
• Metallurgical Engineering and Material Science-254
*For reservation according to the brochures of IIT B, number of seats reserved for SC (15%), ST (7.5%), OBC (27%, as per govt. rules).
• For all NITs the total of 7000 to 8000 seats are available.
About GATE Examination
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) examination was started in the year of 1984. In 2014 around 889,156 students appeared out of which 216,367 were from Electronics and tele-communication, 155190 were from Computer Science and Information Technology, 185578 were from Mechanical Engineering, 90872 were from Civil engineering
Two most important eligibility criteria for appearing for GATE examinations are
• Candidates must be holding a Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology/architecture or at least in final year of any of these programs.
• Candidate can be a Masters degree holder or in final year particularly from science/mathematics/statistics/computer science.
Apart from these there are much more details that could be read from brochure for accurate details.
• Hoping the best for the every candidate who appeared GATE 2019. Stay tuned to our website for more details on results as we provide the best and exact information.
IIT GATE Result 2019: gate.iitk.ac.in