ICHR Contingency Grants
Indian Council of Historical Research Contingency Grants is directly awarded by the Indian Council of Historical Research which is an autonomous organization that was established under the Societies Registration Act in 1972 in a successful manner. The main aim of this organization is to bring historians on a common platform and establish a perfect forum for exchange of views and opinion between them by providing financial assistance and fellowships to young teachers who are teaching in colleges, universities and registered research organizations plus extending assistance to senior scholars who are in need of financial support for carrying out various types of different research studies or activities with a lot of perfection. It is to be noted that a good number of research studies and projects are directly undertaken by ICHR every year to this particular effect to a great extent.
Contingency Grant Value
• The total cost of books brought out of Contingency Grant made under the provisions of shall not be more than the sum of Rs.2000.
• A maximum sum of Rs.500 may be allowed per month up to a maximum period of 90 days for local conveyance of the scholar.
• For M. Phil Students, the Contingency Grant is readily available for a maximum sum of Rs. 20,000 only.
• For PHD Students, the Contingency Grant is available for a maximum sum of Rs.30, 000 only.
• Daily allowance for a maximum period of 90 days at the rates allowed by the institution of affiliation, if the recipient is employed there or Rs 150, a day, if not employed.
• Actual cost of bus or rail fare limited to first class/II AC fare from the original place of ordinary residence of the scholar to the place of research and return.
• An additional sum of Rs.500 shall be paid to the recipient of the grant in excess of the sanctioned amount of grant, upon receipt of the said dissertation or monograph and thesis as a full payment for any expenses incurred in providing a copy thereof to the ICHR.
Eligibility for ICHR Contingency Grants
These grants are directly awarded to an Indian citizen or to a foreign national to assist him in pursuing research on History within India. Applicant engaged in MPhil, PhD or post-doctoral work or carrying on research of independent nature in History and who don’t receive any contingency or travel grant for the proposed work from any other source directly or indirectly.
Applicants under the age of 18 as on the 30th September, candidate’s age should not be more than 30 years.
Application Fee: Application fee is not required
The interested candidates are suggested to submit the prescribed application on a plain paper attached with the set of Xerox copies of educational documents and other related papers. A photograph of the applicant should be affixed in the appropriate place given for the same in the application form. Each and every column in the given application form should be filled with bold and capital letters.
The selection process completely involves selecting the enthusiastic candidates based on merit and then personally interviewing them by a high level committee appointed by the said organization for this particular purpose.
The official announcement of Indian Council of Historical Research Contingency Grants for Indian students and foreign students is released in the month April and May every year and the last date for submission of application form is during the first week of June.
The application must be sent on the address given below:
Indian Council of Historical Research,
35 Ferozeshah Road,
New Delhi 110 001, India
Under any reason, the prescribed application form received after last date will not be entertained.
Indian Council of Historical Research Official website: ichr.ac.in