JIPMER MBBS 2018
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research is commonly known as JIPMER. JIPMER MBBS is national level entrance exam for admission in 5 years MBBS course. This medical entrance exam is conducted by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research. Every year Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research conducts the exam in the month of June for admission to as many as 150 seats in JIPMER, Puducherry. This year JIPMER MBBS 2018 will be conducted on June 07, 2018.
Eligibility for JIPMER MBBS 2018
For appearing in JIPMER MBBS entrance exam candidates are required to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
• Candidate must have passed +2 with in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (including both Botany and Zoology)/ Bio-Technology and English
• Candidates are also required to have an aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry Biology and English taken together while for SC/ST/OBC and physically handicapped candidates 40% marks in an aggregate of Physics, Chemistry Biology)/ Bio-Technology and English.
• Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing for the board examination in March / April 2018 and whose results have not up till now been declared are also eligible for JIPMER MBBS 2018 entrance exam.
Age Limit for JIPMER MBBS 2018
Candidate who are going to appear for the JIPMER MBBS entrance exam are required to fulfill the age criteria set by the institute. For appearing in this entrance exam candidate must have attain the age of 17 years at the time of admission or should complete the said age on or before 31st December 2018 whereas the maximum age limit of a candidate is 25 years as on 31st December 2018.
Registration Fees for JIPMER MBBS 2018
For appearing in JIPMER MBBS 2018 entrance exam candidates are required to fill an online application form. This form is available at the official website of the Institute. There is no other mode of application form submission apart from online. The cost of the application form is Rs.1000/- for general and OBC candidates while for SC/ST candidates the cost of the application form is Rs. 880/- only.
Application Procedure for JIPMER MBBS 2018
To get the application form properly filled and submitted follow the given steps:
1. The application form is available online.
2. Logon to the official website i.e. www.jipmer.edu.in.
3. Search for the application form for JIPMER MBBS 2018
4. Read the instructions carefully and fill the form.
5. Once all the information are filled submit the application form by hitting the submit button
6. Make sure to take a print out of both the completed application form.
7. Then make payment by online through the Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking along with Service Tax as applicable. The cost of the application form for General/OBC Category is Rs. 1000 while for SC/ST candidates it is Rs. 880.
Syllabus in JIPMER MBBS 2018
The prescribed syllabus for the candidates applying for the JIPMER MBBS 2018 Entrance Exam is as same as the syllabus of both class 11 and class 12 of the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology (including Botany and Zoology). There will be total 200 questions, 60 questions each from Physics, Chemistry and Biology and 20 questions from English and Comprehensive. Every single question carries 1 mark, thus the exam will be of 200 marks. For every right answer 1 mark will be awarded while for every wrong no marks will be deducted. The questions will be objective type of MCQ pattern. The total time allotted for the exam will be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Cut-off Marks in JIPMER MBBS 2018
The cut off for the exam is decided on the basis of the a number of factors like the level of the difficulty of the exam paper, number of the seats available and the performance of the candidate in the exam. The general cut off for general candidates50% in aggregate of the all the papers in the entrance exam, 45% for OPH candidates and 40 % for SC/ST candidates. Candidates securing less the given percentage in the entrance exam will not be considered for admission in MBBS program 2018.
Important Dates in JIPMER MBBS 2018
Following are the important dates for Medical entrance exam:
• Date of issuing of the online Application Form is 2nd March 2018.
• Last date of submission of online Application Form is end of 4th May 2018
• Date of issuing of admit cards May 2018
• Last date of Request letter to revise category is June 2018
• Entrance exam date is 7th June 2018
• Result to be declared is by June 2018
• Date of Allotment of Seat by personal Appearance is July 2018
• Tentative month of Admission is July 2018.
The application form can also be get by person or by post after paying the form fee in cash or by bank demand draft but it has to be submitted online only.