JLEE Assam 2018
Joint Lateral Entrance Examination in the state of Assam is conducted in order to invite applications for admissions into B.E. course. The diploma candidates who are eligible to study the B.E. course can apply for this entrance examination. All the qualified students in this examination will be offered admissions in the following colleges:
• Assam Engineering College, Guwahati
• Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat
• Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology, Jorhat
• Bineswar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar
Eligibility for JLEE Assam 2018
Applicants of Assam JLEE are required to go through the eligibility criteria before they apply for this examination. Basic eligibility criteria are as follows:
• It is essential that all the applicants need to be Indian Citizens only with permanent residency in Assam.
• Candidates applying for this examination need to pass their Diploma course of 3 years from recognized Polytechnic Institutes of Assam, which are affiliated, to State Council of Technical Education.
• Candidates those who belong to General or OBC categories need to score at least 45% of marks in the qualifying examination.
• Applicants from SC/ ST categories need to maintain at least 40% as the aggregate marks in their qualifying examination.
• Candidates who are appearing for their final year of the qualifying examination in this academic year are eligible to apply.
Age Limit for JLEE Assam 2018
Candidates applying for Assam JLEE 2018 should not be less than 17 years and not exceed 21 years of age.
Registration Fee for JLEE Assam 2018
Examination fees for Assam JLEE will be Rs. 1000/- that as to be paid through DD which should be in favor of “The Director, Technical Education, Assam” payable at State bank of India, Kahilipara Branch, Guwahati.
Process of Applying for JLEE Assam 2018
Candidates are required to apply for Assam JLEE through online mode and following is the process:
• Application forms are available in online at the official website that is www.dteassam.in.
• Candidates who wish to apply through online need to first register in the site there after login credentials will be sent to their mobile or email-id.
• Then login and start filling the application form without making any of the mistakes.
• Then upload the scanned photograph as well as signature in the JPEG format only also the size should not exceed 100kb.
• Verify all the details and carefully submit the application form because no changes in the form are allowed after submitting the form.
• After submission of the form, candidates are required to take the printout of the form and send the hard copy along with DD, through registered or speed post to “The Directorate of Technical Education, Kahilipara and Guwahati-781019”.
• Candidates are required to send in the envelope in the cover written as “Joint Lateral Entrance Examination 2018” along with the application number, which is received while filling the form.
Syllabus for JLEE Assam 2018
Questions in the Assam JLEE paper will be of multiple choices with total 400 marks in four subjects. Those are Mathematics, Basic Computer, Graphics and Branch of Engineering. Each correct answer carries four marks while for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted. The time duration for the examination will be of 3 hours.
Important Dates in JLEE Assam 2018
Following are the important dates in Assam JLEE 2018:
• Application forms will be available in the 2nd week of April 2018.
• Application forms will be available till the 2nd week of May 2018.
• Last date to receive application forms is the 3rd week of May 2018.
• Hall tickets will be available in the 1st week of June 2018.
• The examination will be conducted in the lat week of June 2018.
The exact dates of examination will be updated soon. For more information, candidates are required to visit the official website dteassam.in.