JNU CBEE 2017
Jawaharlal Nehru University Combined Biotechnology Entrance Exam is commonly known as JNU CBEE. This exam is hold on behalf of the participating Universities for admission in 2 years courses like M.Sc in (Agriculture) Biotechnology & M.V.Sc, M.Sc in Biotechnology, and M. Tech in Biotechnology. By passing this admission candidate becomes eligible for taking up the admission in many reputed Universities. These programs are especially designed to provide exposure to the students so that they will get to learn more about the recent exciting developments in the area of biotechnology and their use in medicine, industry and agriculture and medicine. The entrance exam is held every year in the month of May. The JNU CBEE is going to be conducted on 19th May 2017.
Eligibility for JNU CBEE 2017
For appearing in JNU CEEB 2017 candidates are required to fulfill the following eligibility criteria
• Candidate must have Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3 pattern of education in either of the following subject like Biological, Physical, Veterinary and Fishery Sciences, Agricultural, Pharmacy, Engineering/Technology, 4-years B.Sc (Physician Assistant Course); or Medicine (MBBS) or BDS.
• Candidate must have at least 55% marks in the qualifying examinations in 2014.
• Candidates appearing who are going to appear in their final year of graduation under any reorganized board are also eligible to apply for this entrance exam.
Reservation for JNU CBEE 2017
Among the total numbers of seats allotted by this exam 15% of the seats are reserved for SC category students, 7½% are reserved for ST category students and 3% of seats shall be reserved for PH candidates. Candidates from the SC/ST/PH candidates who have passed the qualifying examination are eligible to apply irrespective of their percentage of marks in the qualifying examination. For candidate from Kashmir will enjoy the concession of 10% marks which will be added to the overall marks scored by a Kashmiri migrant candidate in the Entrance Examination.
Registration Fees for JNU CBEE 2017
For appearing in JNU CEEB 2017 candidates are required to fill an application form. This form is available on the JNU’s official website. This form will be submitted along with a bank Demand draft of Rs- 5000/- for general category candidates while for SC/ST/ PH candidates the a demand draft of Rs- 2500/- will be made. The demand draft will be in favor of JNU.
Application Procedure for JNU CBEE 2017
To get the application form properly filled and submitted follow the given steps
• The application form is available online. Take a print out of the form.
• It is advised to the candidate to fill the form in his own handwriting with black Ink pen only.
• Complete information using capital letters as far as possible.
• Read carefully the instructions given here under before filling up the form.
• Note that, at First, write in black ink (using capital letters) the required information in the boxes (wherever provided). Then darken the appropriate bubble corresponding to the letter/numeral underneath each box.
• Note that the name of the candidate, parent’s/guardian’s name, and date of birth should exactly be the same as given in his/her 10th class or first Board/Pre-University examination certificate. Any deviation, whenever discovered, may lead to cancellation of the application form.
• Once the form is properly filled attach all the required documents to the form.
(The required documents are-(a) 2 copies of the Matriculation, Higher Secondary, Pre-University of Indian School Certificate or Senior School Certificate (10+2) or an equivalent examination certificate, showing the age/date of birth of the candidate duly attested by the Principal of the College/School last attended or a Gazetted Officer; (b) A Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended; (c) 2 attested copies of the statement of marks obtained by the candidate in Senior School, Bachelor’s Degree/ Master’s Degree examination etc; or their equivalent examination; (d) 2 attested copies of the Bachelor’s Degree and/Master’s Degree; (e) SC/ST/OBC Certificate, if belonging to SC/ST/OBC category. (f) A Medical Certificate for PWD Candidates; certifying that the disability is not less than 40%. (g) Migration Certificate (in original) from the Head of the Institution/University last attended).
• The form should then be send along with a bank Demand draft of Rs- 5000/- for general category candidates while for SC/ST/ PH candidates the a demand draft of Rs- 2500/- will be made. The demand draft will be in favor of JNU.
• Application Forms can be sending only by Registered Post/Speed Post to “Section Officer (Admissions), Room No.28, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi – 110067.”
• The completed offline Application Form must reach JNU latest by 25th March, 2017. JNU will not accept responsibility for any postal delay or irregularity or loss in postal transit.
The JNU CBEE exam will be of three hours duration and will consist of two parts namely Part-A and Part-B.
Part-A will have will consist of the +2 level syllabuses of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. All the questions will be multiple choice type questions. The candidates will be required to attempt 60 questions each of 1 mark i.e. Total marks for Part A will be of 60 marks There will be negative marking and for every wrong answer, ½ mark will be deducted
Part-B will consist of the questions of Bachelor’s level requiring thinking and analysis. There will be questions from Physics, Mathematics, Biology (e.g., Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics and Molecular Biology) and Chemistry. These will also be of MCQ type questions. The candidates will be required to attempt 60 questions carrying 3 marks for every correct answer i.e. Total marks for Part-B will be of 180 marks and for wrong answer one mark will be deducted.
Centers of Examinations JNU CBEE 2017
Agartala, Aizawl, Allahabad, Gangtok, Amritsar, Bareilly, Bangalore, Calicut, Coimbatore, Kolkata, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Hyderabad, Patna, Ranchi, Lucknow, Mumbai, Gwalior, Chandigarh, Dimapur, Guwahati, Goa, Srinagar, Gorakhpur, Secunderabad, Imphal, Indore, , Ahmedabad, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Katihar, Silchar, Visakhapatnam, Madurai, Nagpur, Vijayawada, Noida, Pant Nagar, Pondicherry, Pune, Raipur, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Siliguri, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur, Bhubaneswar, Varanasi, Kathmandu (overseas centre)
Important Dates in JNU CBEE 2017
Following are the important dates for JNU CBEE 2017
• Date of issuing of the online Application Form is 20rd February 2017, from 10 am.
• Date of issuing of the offline Application Form 6th February 2017
• Last date of submission offline Application Form along with the required document is 9th March 2017.
• Last date of submission of online Application Form along with the required document is 20th March 2017.
• JNU CBEE 2017 entrance exam date is 19th May 2017.
• Result can be declared by 2nd week of June 2017.
• Incomplete application forms will be immediately rejected without any indication to the candidates. The candidates are, therefore, advised to cautiously complete all the appropriate columns of the application form.
• Candidates are required to send all the necessary documents carefully as absence of any document will lead to cancellation of the application form.