Karnataka PGCET 2018
Karnataka PGCET is an entrance examination conducted by Karnataka Examinations Authority to invite applications from candidates who interested in pursuing PG courses. This is an entrance examination, which will give opportunity for candidates to get admissions in the colleges that are affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University. The courses in which candidates can pursue their post graduation are M.Tech (Technology, Computer Science, Computer Network, Digital Communications, Digital Electronics, VLSI Design & Embedded Systems and Machine Design), MBA, MCA and M.Sc in engineering by research.
Eligibility for Karnataka PGCET 2018
Candidates applying to Karnataka PGCET will be eligible only if they meet the following criteria:
• Candidates who apply for this examination are required to complete their graduation with relevant course for which they are applying with an aggregate mark of 50% for general category and in case of SC, ST belonging to Karnataka it will be 45%.
• It is essential that applicants need to meet domicile requirements as it is specified in the brochure and notification.
• If applicants have a valid score of GATE, then they are not required to apply for this examination but they can get direct admissions.
• Applicants of M.Tech Computer Network Engineering are required to complete their Bachelor’s Degree from Electronics & Communication or Computer Science & Engineering or Information Science & Engineering or equivalent degree with AMIE in appropriate branch. In PGCET or GATE they need to select EC, CS.
• Candidates applying for M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering have to pursue their Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science & Engineering or Information Science & Engineering or equivalent degree with AMIE from an appropriate branch. In PGCET or GATE candidates have to opt only or CS.
• Candidates who wish to pursue M.Tech from Digital Communication course need to complete their Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics & Communication or Electronics & Telecommunication or Telecommunication or equivalent degree and AMIE should be in appropriate branch. They need to write PGCET or GATE in the branches of EC and TE.
• Applicants who wish to pursue Digital Electronics course in M.Tech have to complete their Bachelor’s Degree from Electronics & Communication or Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering or Instrumentation Technology or Electronics & Telecommunication or Telecommunication or Electrical & Electronics or Bio-Medical Engineering or Medical Electronics or equivalent degree with AMIE in appropriate branch. In PGCET or GATE candidates need to write exam from one of these three streams EC, EE, IT.
• Candidates who desire to study VLSI Design & Embedded Systems course in their M.Tech need to complete their Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics & Communication or Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering or Instrumentation Technology or Telecommunication Engineering or Electrical & Electronics or Bio-Medical Engineering or Medical Electronics or equivalent degree while AMIE should be from relevant branch only. In the examinations of PGCET or GATE they need to write from EC, EE, IT.
• Applicants of M.Tech in Machine Design course need to complete their Bachelor’s Degree from the courses of Mechanical Engineering or Automobile Engineering or equivalent degree with AMIE in appropriate branch. In PGCET or GATE candidates have to opt only ME.
• Candidates applying for MBA course must select at least one of the prescribed qualifying examinations that are CMAT/ CAT/ MAT/ PGCET/KMAT etc.
• Applicants of MCA are required to have Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Science or Computer Programming or Computer Applications or Business Mathematics or Business Statistics as one of the optional subjects at Degree Level.
Age Limit for Karnataka PGCET 2018
It is essential that candidates applying to pursue PG courses through PGCET should not be less than 21 years of age.
Registration Fee for Karnataka PGCET 2018
Applicants of KEA PGCET need to pay a registration fee of 650/- for general category and for the SC or ST candidates of this state have to pay 500/-. Fee must be paid at any branch of State Bank of Mysore or at any E-Payment Post Offices.
Process of Applying to Karnataka PGCET 2018
To apply for Karnataka PGCET candidates have to follow below process:
• Candidates applying for PGCET have to apply online only.
• First applicants have to visit official website that is www.kar.nic.in/kea/pgcet.htm.
• Fill all the details correctly without any mistakes.
• Upload recent passport size color photo and signature of candidate only.
• Verify all the details and finally submit the application form.
• Take the printout of the form and pay the fee in any branch of State Bank of Mysore or at any E-Payment Post Offices.
Syllabus in Karnataka PGCET 2018
Syllabus for all the courses in KEA PGCET will be relevant to their graduation course with a time duration of 2 hours. There will be two parts in the question paper with total 75 questions as follows:
Part 1: 50 questions each correct answer carries 1 mark.
Part 2: 25 questions each correct answer carries 2 marks.
Important Dates in Karnataka PGCET 2018
Following are the important dates in Karnataka PGCET:
• Commencement of Online Application will be in the month of June 2018.
• Payment of fees at SBM/E-Payment Post Offices will be in the month of July 2018.
• Last Date of Entry of Application will be in the first week of July 2018.
• Last date to pay the fees is in the second week of July 2018.
• Downloading of Admission Tickets will be in third week of July 2018.
• Test will be in the last week of July 2018.
• Result will be announced in the month of August 2018.
The exact dates of examination will be updated soon and for further more information check official website kea.kar.nic.in