NID GDPD 2017
National Institute of Design with its main campus located in Ahmedabad is an autonomous institute. This institute is under the aegis of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry of Government of India. NID conducts entrance test NID GDPD for the course of Graduate Diploma Program in Design. The number of seats available for this course is 100.
Eligibility Criteria for NID GDPD 2017
Candidates will be eligible to write NID GDPD 2017 only if they are able to fulfill the following criteria:
• Applicants for this entrance examination need to complete their 10+2 or equivalent examination from one of the recognized educational boards of India.
• Candidates are required to pass their 10+2, with at least 45% marks, if belonging to OC or OBC while in the case of SC/ ST/ PD it is 40% of aggregate marks only.
• Candidates appearing for final semester of final year in the qualifying examination are also eligible to write this examination.
Age Limit for NID GDPD 2017
Candidates applying for NID should have a upper age limit of 21 years and those from the reserved categories will have an relaxation of 3 years.
Registration Fees in NID GDPD 2017
All the candidates are required to pay the amount in the form of Demand Draft in the favor of the “National Institute of Design”, payable at Ahmedabad from any of the nationalized bank branches. The registration fee for candidates from General category have to pay 1500/-, while 750/- if belonging to Reserved category.
Process of Applying for NID GDPD 2017
Candidates have to apply in online mode only and need to follow below process in applying for NID GDPD:
• Applicants need to first visit the official website www.nid.edu
• Then register in the site with the basic details required to register in the site.
• Login credentials will be obtained within a few seconds to email as well as mobile.
• Now login to the site and start filling the application form correctly without making any mistakes.
• Upload photograph, signature and all the required documents at the links provided for them.
• Now pay the required fees through DD in one of the Nationalized Banks.
• Then take the printout of the application form and send a DD along with application form to the National Institute of Design through the post or in hand within stipulated time.
Syllabus in NID GDPD 2017
In NID GDPD examination the question paper consists of two section that are
Section I: Design Aptitude Test, The time duration of this section is 3 hours and total marks are 100 and is conducted in January.
Section II: Studio Test, Personal Interview and Portfolio Presentation, In this section, there are 3 parts, namely doodling, 3D modeling, and observation and is conducted in April.
Important Dates in NID GDPD 2017
Following are the important dates in NID GDPD 2017:
• Online application process starts from the 1st week of November 2016.
• Last date to receive the forms is in the last week of December 2016.
• All the two tests will be conducted in the month of January 2017 on different dates.
Dates will be updated soon and more information is available in the official website