NIT MCA CET shortly known as NIMCET is an entrance examination into MCA course for eligible students which is conducted by NIT. Qualified students with valid score will be offered admissions in NIT’s that are located across India. The NIT’s where eligible students can get their admissions in MCA through NIMCET are: Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli, Warangal.
Eligibility for NIMCET 2017
• Indian Nationals securing at least 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale in case of SC, ST) in
BSc / BSc (Hons) / BCA / BIT of minimum three years full-time or B E / B Tech or equivalent from a recognized University.
• CGPA other than 10 point scale will be converted to 10 point scale based on unitary method.
• Candidate who has completed or pursuing presently the graduation courses in these disciplines B.Sc/ B.Sc (Hons)/BCA/ BIT from Open Universities are also eligible to apply only their discipline is approved by UGC/AICTE and Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India.
• Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for NIMCET-2017 and such candidates shall have to furnish the proof (in the form of a certificate issued by the Head of institution where the candidate has studied) of candidature for appearing the examinations during the academic year 2014-15. All candidates shall submit the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria of NIMCET-2017 at the time of Counseling/Admission but not later than 15-9-2017, failing which their admission is liable to be cancelled by the respective NITs.
• Conversion from CGPA to percentage and vice-versa is not permitted.
• The percentages of marks in qualifying degree are to be calculated on the basis of marks obtained in all the subjects studied in all the years including languages, optional and additional subjects studied, if any. The aggregate of marks secured in all the subjects in all the years computed using this method of calculation alone be considered by NIMCET-2017 for deciding eligibility.
Registration Fees in NIMCET 2017
Registration and Applying Online for the test: All the eligible candidates should register in the website nimcet2017.nitdgp.ac.in by creating a username and password by themselves between 16-02-2017 and 06-04-2017 (5.00 pm) IST. One time password (OTP) will be send to applicant’s mobile number at the time of registration process which need to be entered in the OTP page. The same mobile number of the applicant will be used for future communication from NIMCET-2017 office. Documents (both soft and hard copies) needed for completing the registration are:
• Payment receipt generated after paying processing fee through NIMCET 2017 website only.
• Passport size photograph and its scanned copy (maximum size: 30 KB), signature (maximum size: 10 KB)
• All certificates and marks memorandum of X Class and qualifying degree.
• Then fill the online application form and take print of the generated application form. Completed application along with all relevant documents should reach Secretary, NIMCET-2017 latest on 18-04-2017.
Process of Applying for NIMCET 2017
Candidates need to follow below process to apply for NIMCET:
• Applicants need to first visit the official website nimcet2016.nitdgp.ac.in or nitdgp.ac.in
• Then register in the site with the basic details required to fill the form.
• Login credentials will be obtained after some time to email as well as mobile.
• Then pay the required application fee and take printout of e-receipt.
• Now fill the application form correctly without making any mistakes.
• Upload all the required documents in the links provided for them.
• Then take the printout of the form after submission.
• Candidates are required to take printout of the generated application form and send it with payment -receipt and other relevant documents – “The Secretary, NIMCET-2017, National Institute of Technology, M.G Avenue, Durgapur-713209” by Speed Post/Registered Post so as to reach on or before 18th April, 2017..
Syllabus in NIMCET 2017
Candidates have to prepare the topics of Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness and General English. All the questions will be in multiple choice format. Time duration of the examination is 2 hours with total number of questions being 120.
Examination Centers in NIMCET 2017
Below is the list of selected centers in various States across India:
Agartala, Raipur, Allahabad, Rourkela, Bhopal, Silchar, Calicut, Srinagar, Durgapur, Surat, Hamirpur, Surathkal, Jaipur, Tiruchirappalli, Jalandhar, Warangal, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Kurukshetra, Delhi, Patna.
Important Dates in NIMCET 2017
Following are the important dates in NIMCET 2017:
• Online application form available from the February, 2017.
• Last date to receive the forms is April, 2017.
• Examination will be conducted in May, 2017.
Dates will be updated soon and more information is available in the official website: nimcet2016.nitdgp.ac.in