Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) is India’s multinational oil & gas company. This prestigious concern has largely come with special scholarship for Scheduled caste/Scheduled tribe students for pursuing professional courses in Engineering and Medical stream plus Master Degree Courses in Geology/ Geology and Business Administration in a leading Universities, colleges and institutions. It is to be highly noted that 50% of the said scholarship is perfectly reserved for girl students.
Total number of scholarship given is 500.
• In Geophysics/ Geology -135 scholarships
• In Engineering – 247 scholarships
• In MBBS – 45 scholarships
• In MBA – 73 scholarships
Scholarship value: This particular scholarship comes with a worth of an amount of Rs. 48,000 each given annually for a total 500 ONGC scholarships that can be readily availed only by the Indian students.
Eligibility for ONGC Scholarships
• SC/ST Students who are pursuing regular/ full time courses that is for 4 years course only can apply to the ONGC Scholarships.
• SC/ST Students who are pursuing 1st year of Master degree that is for two years course only in Geology/Geophysics or MBA.
• SC/ST Students who are pursuing 1st year Engineering or MBBS course from leading University/ College / Institution should be recognized by Association of Indian universities / ISC/CBSE/ State Education Boards/State Government / Central Government/ MCI / AICTE and UGC.
• SC/ST Students should have obtained minimum 60 % marks in graduation for pursuing master degree course.
• SC/ST Students should have obtained minimum 60 % marks in qualifying exams.
• SC/ST Students should have obtained minimum 60 % marks in Class 12 for pursuing engineering/medical course.
• Gross income of SC/ST Student’s family of the applicant from all income sources shouldn’t be more than 4.50 lakhs.
Age limit: SC/ST Student’s maximum age should be 30 years as on October 1st of the current academic year.
Applying Process: The candidates are advised to submit the application on a plain paper attached with the Xerox copies of educational documents and other related papers.
Selection Process: The selection process involves selecting the bright candidates based on merit and then interviewing them.
Important Dates: The last date of applying for this scholarship falls in the last week of November every year.
The application must be sent on the address given below:
Designated Office’s Address
• Zone –1 (North): J&K, Delhi, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh.
Chief Manager (HR), SC/ST Cell, Green Hills, A-Wing, Ground Floor, ONGC,Tel Bhavan, Dehradun – 248 003
• Zone -2 (West): Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Daman & Diu, Dadar & Nagar Haveli
I/C HR/ER Services, 11-High, ONGC, Bandra Sion Link Road, Mumbai – 400 017
• Zone –3 (North East): Assam, Sikkim, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura
I/C HR/ER, ROB-III, 2nd Floor, ONGC, Assam Asset, P.O. Nazira Sivasagar – 785685
• Zone-4 (East): Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal.
I/C HR/ER,MBA Basin, ONGC, 50-J.L. Nehru Road, Kolkata- 7000 71
• Zone -5 (South): Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Pudducherry, Lakshdweep, Andaman & Nicobor Islands
I/C HR/ER,ONGC, 7th Floor, East Wing, CMDA TowerI, No. 1, Gandhi Irwin Road, Egmore, Chennai – 600 008
Note: The application received after last date will not be entertained under any reason.
ONGC Scholarship Scheme Official website: ongcindia.com