Punjab PMET 2018
Punjab Medical Entrance Test which is more frequently known as PMET. This entrance exam is organized by the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences. This entrance is held for providing admissions to the eligible candidates in different graduate level courses in Medicine and Dental Education. This entrance is for admission in the courses like MBBS, BDS, BAMS and BHMS. The university conducts the state level entrance exam for all the candidates wishing to study different Medical field. PMET enables the candidate to take admission in the Medical colleges in the Punjab University and other attached Medical Colleges in the state both private and government-aided colleges of Punjab.
Eligibility for Punjab PMET 2018
• Candidate must be an Indian Citizen
• The candidates should have passed 10+2 examination in science discipline from any of the recognized board of examinations
• Candidate must have passed +2 with in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (including both Botany and Zoology)/ Bio-Technology and English
• Candidates are also required to have an aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together while physically handicapped candidate must have secure 45% and SC/ST/OBC candidates 40% marks in an aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-Technology).
• Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing for the board examination in March / April 2018 and whose results have not up till now been declared are also eligible for Punjab Medical Entrance Test 2018.
Reservation for Punjab PMET 2018
Among the total numbers of seats allotted by this exam 25% of the seats are reserved for SC category students, 5% are reserved for backward category students and 2% of seats shall be reserved for border area candidates. Candidates who are sports person has 1% reservation, 1% for wards of terrorist affected persons and 1% for the children of freedom fighters and 1% for the Kashmiri migrant candidate appearing in the Entrance Examination. 15% of the seats are reserved for the NRI candidates.
Age Limit for Punjab PMET 2018
Candidate who are going to appear for the Punjab Medical Entrance Test 2018 are required to fulfill the age criteria set by the University. For appearing in this entrance exam candidate must have attain the age of 17 years at the time of admission or should complete the said age on or before 31st December 2018 where as the maximum age limit is 25 years of age as on 31st December 2018.
Registration Fees for Punjab PMET 2018
For appearing in Punjab Medical Entrance Test 2018 candidates are required to fill the application form. This form can be collected from the University or by post or online. The form is available at the official website of the Institute. Candidates are required to submit the Rs-1000 for application form which includes the cost of Prospectus. For getting the application form by post candidates will be required to pay Rs-1050/- through DD. The Demand draft will be drawn from any scheduled bank in favor of “Registrar, Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, payable at Faridkot.”
Application Procedure for Punjab PMET 2018
To get the application form properly filled and submitted follow the given steps:
1. At first download the application form directly from the University’s official website bfuhs.ac.in or by post.
2. For online form search for the application form for Punjab Medical Entrance Test 2018 and download it
3. Candidates will be required to pay Rs1000 as the application fee which includes the cost of Prospectus in it.
4. Now they will have to fill their application forms.
5. Read the instructions carefully and fill the form. Make sure to avoid any kind of errors as the form gets rejected because of any wrong information.
6. Once the form is filled submit the application form.
Syllabus in Punjab PMET 2018
The prescribed syllabus for the candidates applying for the Punjab Medical Entrance Test 2018 is as same as the syllabus of both class 11 and class 12 of the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology (including Botany and Zoology). There will be total 200 questions, 50 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. Every single question carries 4 marks, thus the exam will be of 800 marks. However there will be no negative mark for wrong answer. The questions will be objective type of MCQ pattern. The total time allotted for the exam will be 2 hours 30 min. It is important for the candidates to note that there will be no marks for multiple answering questions.
Important Dates in Punjab PMET 2018
Following are the important dates for Punjab Medical Entrance Test 2018:
• Date of issuing of online Application Form is first week of March 2018.
• Last date of submission of Application Form is last week of March 2018.
• Date of written test is first week of May 2018
• Tentative month of release of result is June 2018
The % of reservation for different class of candidate for admission in Government and Private colleges are different.