Scholarships for Post Matric Students
It is to be highly noted that the Scholarships for Post-Matric Students in Hindi to Students from Non-Hindi Speaking areas is largely provided for the phase of study for Ph.D/ M.Litt./ Pre-PhD/ MA/ Undergraduate/ PUC/ Intermediate with Hindi as one of the main subject in the academic year. The number scholarship given is 2500. The official notification is published in the month of June and July. The primary aim of the this particular scheme is to largely encourage study of Hindi in non-Hindi speaking States and to make available to the Governments of these States, suitable personnel for teaching and other posts where knowledge of Hindi language is essential for carrying out official work in the given professional atmosphere. on all India basis, it was introduced in 1984-85. The applicants whose mother tongue is not Hindi language and who belong to any of the following Union Territories/ States are eligible for scholarship: Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Jammu & Kashmir, Kerala, Manipur, Maharashtra, Meghalaya, Orissa, Nagaland, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Sikkim, Tripura, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, West Bengal, Arunachal Pradesh, Dadar Nagar Haveli, Chandigarh, Goa, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, Pondicherry and Mizoram.
Scholarship Value: This scholarship amount varies for different types of courses undertaken by the applicants.
Eligibility for Scholarships for Post Matric Students
With Hindi language as one of the main subjects on the basis of results of examination next below conducted by the Board of Education or University or recognized Voluntary Hindi Organization, the said scholarships under the scheme are awarded for the following recognized full time courses
• Full time courses in Hindi language for which examinations are conducted successfully by Hindi Voluntary Organizations that is largely engaged in the propagation of Hindi or by Universities provided these examinations are recognized as equivalent to Intermediate or above.
• Ph.D. (Hindi): On the basis of the qualification leading to the admission to the Ph.D. Degree.
• Pre-Ph.D/M.Litt. (Hindi): On the basis of M.A. (Hindi) Examination or an equivalent Examination.
• M.A. (Hindi): On the basis of B.A. B.Sc/B.Com (pass or Honours) or an equivalent Examinations.
• First Degree (Pass and Honours) Courses: On the basis of PUC Examination, Higher Secondary Examination, Indian School Certificate Examination and Intermediate or an equivalent Examination.
• Pre-University/Intermediate and equivalent Examinations: On the basis of Matriculation; SSLC or an equivalent Examinations.
• Scholars studying for Ph.D. course can be permitted to accept remuneration for teaching; if it is a part of study/research.
• The applicants who are preparing for two courses simultaneously unless Hindi is one of the subjects of study in both these courses.
• The applicants who belong to non-Hindi Speaking State but have been residing for any purpose for more than 5 years.
• The applicants who wish to pursue their studies through correspondence/privately;
• The applicants in employment (full or part time) unless they are sponsored by the State Government/UT Administration;
• The applicant in receipt of these scholarships (which is treated as an incentive to learn Hindi) is not barred from receiving any other scholarship.
Age Limit: The applicants should be below the age of 35 at the time applying.
Fee for Application: There is no application fee.
Application Process: In the prescribed Performa, candidates must apply for the above mentioned scholarship on plain paper with one recent passport size photograph.
Selection Process: The letter for personal interview after their given applications are well-scrutinized are sent only to a limited number of selected candidate by the state/ Union Territory’s Government appointed high level committee with experts from the Education Departments. The decision of the committee is treated as final.
Important Dates: The official notification appears in the month of March/April and last date of submission will be in the second week of May.
The application should be sent to the given address below.
The Section Officer,
Scholarships for Post-Matric Students in Hindi to Students from Non-Hindi Speaking areas,
Concerned State/ Union Territory’s Education department .
Note: In case if send an advanced copy of prescribed application then it must be complete in all aspects.
MHRD Scholarships Official website: mhrd.gov.in