Anna University of Tamil Nadu is conducting Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test every year. It invites applications from interested candidates who want to pursue PG courses. Through this entrance examination candidates will get admissions into University Departments, University Colleges of Engineering, Regional Centers of Anna University, Government along with Government aided engineering colleges and Self-financing colleges of Tamil Nadu. Qualified candidates of this examination will be given direct admissions in some of the universities and self-financing colleges. The Post Graduate courses offered by this examination are M.B.A., M.C.A. and M.Tech or M.E. or M.Arch or M.Plan.
Eligibility for TANCET 2018
Candidates will be considered to apply for TANCET only if they possess following criteria:
• Applicants of the course M.C.A are required to qualify their 10+2+3 in Bachlor’s degree or equivalent examination with an aggregate mark of 50% from a recognized university and Mathematics being one of the subject in 10+2.
• Candidates applying for M.B.A. have to pass their graduation from Bachlor’s degree or equivalent examination in 10+2+3 format in any discipline from recognized university. Candidates have to posses minimum 50% aggregate marks in graduation.
• M.E. or M.Tech or M.Arch or M.Plan applying candidates have to pass their graduation that is from B.E. or B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Plan respectively in 10+2+4 format. Applicants have to score at least 50% of aggregate marks in their graduation.
• Candidates applying for this entrance examination must be Indian citizens only.
• If candidates are from other states, then they have to satisfy the criteria mentioned by Universities and colleges before acquiring admission.
• Candidates appearing in final year and final semester can also apply but have to produce a pass certificate in the process of counselling.
Age Limit for TANCET 2018
Candidates interested in applying for TANCET need to be above 21 years of age.
Registration Fees for TANCET 2018
Applicants of TANCET 2018 have to pay an application fee of 500/- for general category and in the case of SC/ST/SCA have to pay 250/- for one program. If the candidates wish to apply for two programs, then they are required to pay additional fee of 500/- for general category and in the case of SC/ST/SCA have to pay 250/-. Fee has to be paid through DD in favor of ‘The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai’, payable at Chennai. DD should be drawn from a nationalized bank only.
Process of Applying for TANCET 2018
Candidates who are applying for the test of TANCET need to follow below process. There are two modes of applying.
Application in Person
• Candidates interested in applying for TANCET in person need to visit the mentioned centers.
• Candidates have to carry mark sheets of 10th, 10+2 and 10+3.
• Also applicants need to draw DD with the required amount and have to submit it at the same time.
• Then the candidates will be issued hall tickets for examination.
Application in Online
• Candidates who wish to apply through online need to visit official page that is www.annauniv.edu/tancet
• Candidates have to register by logging in and fill the application form without any mistakes.
• Upload photograph and signature, then verify all details once again and submit the form.
• Take the printout of the form and pay the required amount for the fee through DD.
• Send application form, DD and required photocopies to the Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai in the post.
Syllabus for TANCET 2018
Syllabus for TANCET exam will depend on the course which candidates apply. Time duration of the examination will be 2 hours and all questions will be in a multiple choice only.
Important Dates in TANCET 2018
Following are the important dates in TANCET 2018:
• Applications for TANCET are available in online and at the centers from 1st week of February, 2018.
• Last date for receipt of application forms in person and online is the 2nd week of February 2018.
• Examination will take place in the month of March, 2018.
• The exact dates of this examination will be updated soon.
• For more information and syllabus visit official website www.annauniv.edu